Monday, March 18, 2013

Show Yourself Some Love

Photo Taken From: http://pinterest.com/joybauerhealth/pins/
I was flipping through some magazines for my vision board when I came across the August 2008 issue of Essence Magazine. There was an article that highlighted 5 steps to take to show yourself some love.
 
Photo Credit: Thirstyroots.com
 1. Give yourself a bouquet.
I remember one summer when I was trying to get back in shape after the birth of my sun. I used to walk pushing the stroller for approximately 15 blocks to take him to daycare so I could go to college.  Everyday for that whole summer, I would pick myself a flower and walk around with it on me. I can attest that just having it in my hair or pinned to my clothes made me feel a little bit more confident and beautiful. 
 
2. Write a love note.
Write love notes to yourself reminding yourself of what your good at or about your lovable personality. Or just to say 'I love you' to yourself. I wrote a love letter to the universe that is within me and after I finished I felt a great release. I felt closer to myself having communicated what I desired.


 
Photo Credit: www.tumblr.com
3. Put yourself first.
Give yourself permission to place your needs above everyone else's once in a while And don't feel guilty about it. You have got to learn to love you and nurture you in order to be effective at being loving and nurturing for others. For me, whenever I forget to put my needs first, I usually end up feeling drained and used and hurt. When I start showing myself some love and nurturing myself before I nurture others I feel more loving, empowered and at ease with myself.

 
Photo Credit: www.123greetings.com
4. Make appointments.
To keep your life on track in all areas, make and keep appointments for things such as doctor visits, time to rejuvenate yourself and events to stimulate your mind. I have found that when I set a scheduled time to do something, I usually accomplish it without forgetting, especially when I write it down somewhere.
Photo Credit: madamenoire.com
5. Rest assured.
Make sure you are getting enough rest. Many women sacrifice sleep to get everything done. But you should surrender to rest. Try having a warm bath before bed or listening to relaxing music before dozing off to ensure a good nights slumber.

I am going to pledge to do more of these steps in the future. Especially #5. I always complain of feeling tired and sleepy in the morning.

Comment below and share how you are incorporating these steps into your daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment