Monday, March 25, 2013

I am ready to be ME

I am ready to be ME. The real me.
Photo taken from: http://static.ragamuffinsoul.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/realmeevite_friend_02.jpg
Because, the real me is more interesting than the fake somebody else. We try so hard as beings to put on an outward show catered to what we feel other people want to see. But we need to start being truthful with ourselves.


Reality is, you can't get it from the outside in. "Truth is from the inside out. We have been taught for too long to protect our outer WOMBman while our inner WOMBman is dying." As a result we walk around with a tremendous burden of anxiety and shame that eats at our psyche while we force ourselves to smile.


Photo taken from: http://sosonsee.blogspot.com/
We gotta stop pretending. We have to start knowing and learning our own selves. And we are going to have to reintroduce ourselves to ourselves and everyone else around us. I know that most of the people I know think you know me, but to be 'real', you don't.

The reality is, I'm just getting to know me. I'm just learning to allow myself to be ME without feeling guilty or ashamed. And I am in the process of reintroducing myself to everyone I know; family and friends.




Photo Taken from:
http://madamenoire.com
You see when we start being honest with ourselves and give people reality from the door, we are going to attract LOVE and the ones that really love us. And that love is going to begin with you, self love, because you will be free to love yourself without the pressure of fitting into someone else's box for you.   Then you won't have to falsify or pretend.

You can be YOU...

Adapted from Interlude 5 ~ MTV Unplugged No 2.0 - Lauryn Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment