Monday, May 20, 2013

Are You Satisfied????

My SUN came to me recently, anxious that he had tried to impress upon a peer that he could not afford to replace a pencil that he had broken because his mother was "poor". 

I became angry with him at the fact that he had actually told someone outside of our home our personal financial business. I asked him why would he tell someone that and what made him think we were poor. 

He responded by saying that I was always telling him he couldn't get something he asked for because I did not have money get it, or not enough money to waste on his trivialities. 

Then it dawned on me. I had been subconsciously teaching my Sun that our life consisted of lack, by outwardly and constantly professing that I never have any money, as opposed to highlighting the abundance in our life. I spoke from a space of not having instead of one where abundance dwelled. 

I was not doing a good enough job of teaching him how to be satisfied with what he has while making a way to receive more. 

I said, "Jah, we are not poor!"  And he responded by gleaming, "Where rich?"  

I gently looked at him, "We are not rich either. At least not in the sense you are thinking."

Perplexity took over his face. He leaned his head to one side and shrugged, "Then what are we?"  

"We're satisfied," was my reply. 


No comments:

Post a Comment